Introducing Value Treasury

THIS PROPOSAL IS BEING SUBMITTED ON BEHALF
OF @DrBoyjoy

INTRODUCING VALUE TREASURY

CONCEPT: To provide no-interest loans to Value-holders, in exchange for a Value lock-up period.

BASICS: The Value-Protocol is able to have a pretty stable earning method, so that it is “guaranteed” a "fixed APY, if it reinvest funds provided by staker. Value-holders are persons and/or organizations who are not looking to sell their tokens for a set period of time, and are thus able to provide liquidity, in the form of Value-tokens, to a treasury described in this post.

HOW IT WORKS (example):
The protocol has a treasury with 2 500 Value and a guaranteed APY of 25 %.
A holder wants to lock 10 000 Value in the treasury for a year and get an advance on hers/his/theirs calculated APY of 2 500 Value minus fees. The stake is then locked for a year, and can be unlocked for a fee to the treasury, proportionate to the APY lost by the treasury plus an early unstake fee.

TREASURY BACKING:
Funds available for loaning from the treasury can directly be linked to the Value staked, for a locked period of time, in governance vault.

DISCLAIMER:
There also needs to be a disclaimer in place, in case the “guaranteed” APY can not be achieved by the protocol. Read: black swan.

This proposal was given by Dr Boyjoy, all credits to him

2 Likes

Awesome idea, I completely support this 100%!

I like this idea. Seems like a low risk opportunity that would drive more use cases.

I’m in support of the idear great. Thank boyjay